Namaste. My name is Charles Du. Also known as Nomad Charles.
I was born in China and grew up in the United States.
My purpose in life is to grow. I grow through teaching, traveling, and playing. I love playing soccer, practicing yoga, and taking photos with my iPhone.
I grow “9 to 5ers” who are chained to their cubicle into successful digital nomads by teaching them career skills that help them become remote without sacrificing their career nor income.
Unlike other trainings out there, the stuff I teach is proven, unique, and fun. My knowledge comes from interviewing hundreds of successful digital nomads who have transformed their careers and are now location-independent.
Digital Nomad Background
I’ve traveled and worked in 30+ countries.
In 2016, I was selected from 50,000+ applicants to participate in Remote Year, a network of 75 professionals who travel and work remotely.
My favorite cities to live in are:
- Jan – Mar: Chiang Mai
- Apr – June: Taipei, Ubud
- July – Sep: Prague, London
- Oct – Dec: Los Angeles
My 2018 schedule:
- Jan – Pangkor, Malaysia
- Feb – Sydney, Byron Bay, Brisbane, Australia
- Mar – Xian, China
- Apr – Taipei, Taiwan
- May – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Jun – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Jul – London, England
- Aug – London, England
- Sep – La Jolla, USA
- Oct – La Jolla, USA
- Nov – La Jolla, USA
- Dec – Chiang Mai, Thailand
As a former NASA engineer, I love teaching my students effective systems that they can use to transform their lives. I’ve taught 10,000+ students in 120+ countries. My courses has been translated into 3 languages.
Places I’ve taught:
- Arizona State University
- Art Center College of Design
- Boise State University
- Czech Technical University — Prague
- General Assembly – London
- General Assembly – Los Angeles
- Hawaii Pacific University
- Montana State University – Bozeman
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Shenzhen Polytechnic Shenzhen University
- Singularity University Stanford University
- Universidad Católica Boliviana – La Paz
- University of California – Berkeley
- University of California – Los Angeles
- University of California – Davis
- University of California – Irvine
- University of California – San Diego
- University of California – Santa Cruz
- University of Hawaii – Manoa
- University of Arizona
- University of Washington
- Utah State University
I love to teach.
Business Insider: This 32-year-old left his life and career behind to work remotely while traveling the world — and help others do the same — 2016-12-23
Techcrunch: Remote Year raises $12 million to combine remote work and global travel — 2016-10-11
The Collectivist: How to Be A Digital Nomad with Charles Du — 2016-8-5
Let Me Help You Grow Your Career
There’s a few ways to learn from me.
For those who want a denser knowledge transfer, you can sign up for 1-on-1 coaching (a few spots every month).
I’m also open to speaking at conferences, doing a workshop at your school, or teaching at a retreat.
You can reach me at email@example.com
P.S. I’m also the founder of following:
productcharles.com, where I teach people how to become rockstar product managers
yogacharles.com, where I teach new yoga teachers how to become successful entrepreneurs